Here are 10 tips I hope will allow you to achieve your exercise goals while also remaining injury-free. There is nothing more important than working out safely and maintaining the well-being of your body.
1. Talk to your instructors about your health and exercise programs. This way they will know what to look out for and how to best help you achieve your goals while remaining injury-free.
2. Make sure your equipment is set up correctly and safely for your body.
3. Avoid doing more exercise than your body can handle–overuse leads to injury.
4. Make sure that your diet is right for your program, that you are both healthily nourished and adequately hydrated.
5. Listen to your brain’s and your body’s signals. If you are tired, take it easy that day.
6. If you are injured, give your body time to heal.
7. Cross train so that you avoid exhausting, building, and overusing the same muscle groups.
8. Stay flexible.
9. Get good sleep.
10. Take a couple of days off and sometimes longer vacations.