Lentil Walnut Pate With Rice Crackers And Crudité
Serves 1, prep time 5 minutes -1 hour (depending on whether you use canned or fresh lentils)
- ½ cup lentils(dry or canned)
- 3.5 cups water
- 1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove
- dash of turmeric
- dash of cumin
- 1/8 cup walnuts, crushed
- Rinse and then soak the lentils in water 1-2 hours or overnight (you can also use canned lentils in which case just rinse them).
- In a pot, bring 3 cups of the water and the lentils to a boil (if using canned you do not need to cook them).
- Reduce the heat to medium and cook the lentils for 1 hour, until tender.
- When the lentils are done, drain the water and let them cool.
- Transfer the lentils to a blender.
- Add the olive oil, walnuts, garlic, lemon juice (squeezed from the lemon), cumin, turmeric, and enough water to just cover the lentils. Puree. Add more water for a smoother consistency if needed.
- Salt to taste.
- Add more spices to taste.
- Serve with a plate of crudite and/or rice crackers.