Beets With Yogurt, Mint and Balsamic Vinegar
- If your beets are pre-packaged, remove them from package. If you are working with fresh beets, pre-heat the oven to 400 degrees and then wash and dry the beets. Brush olive oil evenly around each beet and then wrap them in aluminum foil. Transfer the foil covered beets to a pyrex baking dish and then into the oven. Roast the beets for 40 minutes- 1 hour, until tender. Remove the beets from the oven. Cool for 5 minutes. Peel the skin off each beet with a vegetable peeler. Let the beets cool to room temperature.
- Cut the beets into small triangles and/or cubes.
- Combine the mint and the beets in a bowl.
- Chop the mint.
- Place the yogurt in a bowl.
- Top the yogurt with beets and mint.
- Drizzle the balsamic over the beets.
- Slat and pepper to taste.
Serves 1, Prep Time 3 Minutes
- 3 beets (any color)
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Thick aged balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup low-fat Greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp. fresh mint