Serves 1, prep time 5 minutes
- 1/3 cup chickpeas (non-fat stored in water canned, or dried and pre-cooked in boiling water until tender, about 45-minutes)
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- ¼ cup tomato sauce (high quality, all-natural)
- 1.5 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- In a skillet, heat .5 tbsp. olive oil over medium heat.
- Add and sauté the onions until translucent.
- Add the chickpeas, garlic, tomato sauce and the rest of the olive oil to the skillet.
- Cook for 5-minutes, stirring regularly.
- Salt to taste.
- Let cool and serve at room temperature.