Flash Fried Kale Salad With Sauteed Eggplant And Walnuts
Serves 1 Prep Time 10 minutes
- Two large handfuls kale, chopped
- 1 small eggplant, sliced into thin rounds
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp. walnuts, chopped
- High quality, aged balsamic vinegar (sweet and syrupy)
- Heat a saute pan over high heat with 1 tbsp. olive oil.
- Once the pan is hot (it should sizzle with a drop of water), add the kale.
- Flash fry the kale for 1 minute, tossing it continuously. Remove the kale from the pan and plate it.
- Brush the eggplant with olive oil on both sides until thoroughly but lightly coated.
- Transfer the eggplant to the pan and sauté until tender. As it cooks, press the eggplant down with a spatula.
- Once the eggplant is done, pile it on top of the kale layering it like a terrine.
- Sprinkle the walnuts around the plate.
- Grind salt and pepper over the salad.
- Dress with a drizzle of high quality balsamic vinegar.