Gluten-Free Crepes With Maple Syrup And Cinnamon
Serves 4, Prep time 5 minutes
- ½ cup gluten-free flour of your choice
- 3/4 cup organic low-fat or plant-based milk, plus a splash or two more if needed (I like to use almond milk)
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon butter or a plant-based alternative
- Add the flour to a mixing bowl. Then, add the milk, eggs, and vanilla to the bowl and whisk vigorously until the batter is smooth and very thin.
- Heat a small or medium sized non-stick pan over medium-high heat for about one minute. Add the butter and swirl it around to coat the pan as it melts.
- Add the batter to the pan and swirl it around the bottom of the pan, the edges, and even up the sides until it forms a paper-thin crepe (only swirl so far as not to break it).
- Let the crepe cook for about two minutes until it becomes golden and the edges start to naturally shrink and curl towards the center of the pan. Once the edges and side that is cooking become a light caramel color, flip the crepe with a spatula. Cook the crepe on the second side for another 1 to 2 minutes, again until it begins to turn golden.
- Drizzle the crepe with maple syrup and sprinkle it with cinnamon (optional).
- Other optional toppings: butter and sugar; maple butter (combine and a tablespoon of butter and an equal amount of maple syrup. Heat and stir until well combined; jam of your choice).
- Serve (optional with 1/2 cup side of berries).