Incredible Whole Grain, Seed, and Nut Bread for Gut Health
45 -minutes, make 1 large or two smaller loaves
- 1 cup / 135g sunflower seeds
- ½ cup / 90g flax seeds (I like to use ground flax seeds)
- ½ cup / 65g hazelnuts or almonds
- 1 ½ cups / 145g rolled oats
- 2 Tbsp. chia seeds
- 4 Tbsp. psyllium seed husks (3 Tbsp. if using psyllium husk powder)
- 1/2 tsp. fine grain sea salt (add ½ tsp. if using coarse salt)
- 1 Tbsp. maple syrup (for sugar-free diets, use a pinch of stevia)
- 3 Tbsp. melted coconut oil or ghee
- 1 ½ cups / 350ml water
- Combine all dry ingredients in a bowl. Mix well. In another bowl, whisk maple syrup, oil and water together.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ones and mix very well until everything is completely soaked and dough becomes very thick.
- Place the dough into one large or two small bread pans. Using a spoon, press firmly into the pan and then smooth out the top with the back of the spoon.
- Let sit out on the counter for at least 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350°F / 175°C.
- Place loaf pan in the oven on the middle rack, and bake for 20 minutes. Remove bread from loaf pan, place it upside down on a baking sheet and bake for another 25 minutes.