JWM Health Trivia: Matcha Tea Is More Nutritious Than All Other Green Tea. True or False?
Answer: True. Matcha tea has a cult following and for valid reasons. One cup of matcha has 10 times the nutritional value and antioxidant content of regular brewed green tea. As far as anti-oxidants go, matcha also beats Goji berries by 6.2 times, dark chocolate by 7 times, blueberries by 17 times and spinach more than 60 times. Anti-oxidants are the critical agents that help our bodies fight chronic illness, inflammation and aging. Another incredible benefit of Matcha is that it contains L-theanine, which is an amino acid that helps us to both relax and focus. Buddhist monks have been know to drink cups of matcha tea to help them with long meditations because the calming qualities of the wonderful substance combined with the qualities that drive alertness---L-theanine plus caffeine--are exactly what it takes to sit still in peace while remaining awake. To sum it up, the following are the main health benefits of matcha tea:
- Matcha is full of anti-oxidants
- Matcha enhances immunity
- Matcha helps calm the mind
- Match naturally boosts energy
- Matcha fights cancer
- Boil the water.
- Add the matcha tea powder to a mug.
- Pour 1 tbsp. hot water in the mug.
- Whisk the tea and water until the tea is totally dissolved.
- Add the rest of the water.
- Add the soy milk to your liking (about 1/8 cup)
- Add the agave.
- Add the cardamom.