Whole Wheat Flax Seed Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Combine the flax seeds and water in a small prep bowl. Stir with a fork until blended. Place aside.
- In a medium bowl, add the Earth Balance and sugars. Mix with an electric mixer until smooth. Add the flax and water mixture as well as the rest of the ingredients to this bowl. Mix again until thoroughly combined and the dough is smooth.
- Add the chocolate chips and fold them into the dough evenly.
- Spoon out the cookie cookie dough to form about 1-inch dough balls. Place the cookies on a baking sheet with about 1/4-inch space between them for spreading.
- Once all cookies are on the sheet, wet the spoon and gently flatten each cookie with the back of it.
- Transfer the baking sheet to the oven.
- Set your timer and bake for 12 minutes.
- When the timer buzzes, remove the sheet fron the oven and let the cookies cool.
- Serve the cookies while they are still warm.
Serves Many, Prep Time 20 Minutes
- 1 Stick Earth Balance softened
- 1/4 cup organic brown sugar
- 1/4 cup organic white sugar
- 1 tbsp. ground flax seeds
- 1/4 cup warm water
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 cup whole wheat flour