Whole Wheat Flax Seed Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Pre-heat the oven to 325 degrees.
- Combine the flax seeds and water in a small prep bowl. Stir with a fork until blended. Place aside.
- In a medium bowl, add the Earth Balance and sugars. Mix with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Add the flax and water mixture as well as the rest of the ingredients to this bowl. Mix again until thoroughly combined and smooth.
- Add the chocolate chips and fold them into the dough evenly.
- Spoon out the cookie cookie dough to form about 1-inch balls. Place the cookies on a baking sheet with about 1/4-inch space between them for spreading.
- Once all cookies are on the sheet, wet the spoon and gently flatten each cookie with the back of it.
- Transfer the baking sheet to the oven.
- Set your timer and bake for 8-10 minutes (for soft gooey cookies remove at 8, for crispier cookies, 10).
- When the timer buzzes, remove the sheet from the oven and let the cookies cool.
- Serve the cookies while they are still warm.
Serves Many, Prep Time 20 Minutes
- 1 Stick Earth Balance softened
- 1/4 cup organic brown sugar
- 1/4 cup organic white sugar
- 1 tbsp. ground flax seeds
- 1/4 cup warm water
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 cup whole wheat flour