A Vegetarian Thanksgiving: JWM Sweet Potatoes With Kale And Golden Raisins
Happy Thanksgiving week everyone! I hope you will start celebrating today. It is so fun to extend holidays as long as possible. Try this amazing JWM Sweet Potato With Kale And Golden Raisins side dish to accompany the rest of your vegetarian thanksgiving meal. If you are looking for an awesome substitute for turkey as your main dish, try tofu. There are so many delicious ways to use tofu as the center piece of a meal.
Thanksgiving 2013 Sweet Potatoes, Kale, Golden Raisins
- 1 sweet potato, cut into small cubes (about ¼ inch).
- 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp. pure maple syrup
- 1 large bunch of kale, chopped
- 1 tsp. Earth Balance
Serves 2, Prep time 1 hour
- Pre-heat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Place the sweet potatoes in a casserole dish.
- Add 1 tbsp. olive oil to the sweet potatoes and toss them until lightly coated.
- Place the casserole dish in the oven.
- Bake the potatoes until tender, about 40 minutes.
- At 40 minutes, add the Earth Balance and maple syrup to the casserole dish blending well with the sweet potatoes.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 tbsp. olive oil over medium heat in a sauté pan.
- Add the kale.
- Sautee the kale until it is deep green and slightly shrunken, about 2 minutes. Add a sprinkle of sea salt to taste.
- Remove the casserole dish form the oven.
- Layer the kale over the sweet potatoes.
- Place the dish back in the oven. Cook until the kale becomes slightly crisp at the edges, about 5 more minutes (make sure not to overdo this).
- Meanwhile, heat a sauté pan over medium heat with the water.
- Add the raisins. Cook the raisins until they are plump, about 1 minute.
- Take the casserole dish out of the oven. Top the kale with the raisins.
For more delicious healthy organic JWM recipes, join my method here!