Low-Fat Whole Wheat Zucchini Bread
Serves 6, prep time 1 hr
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 sugar
- 1 cup shredded zucchini
- 1/3 cup buttermilk (or low-fat coconut almond milk)
- 1 tbsp. vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 tsps. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- Pre-heat the oven to 325 degrees.
- Lightly grease 2 small bread pans and dust them with whole wheat flour.
- Using an electric mixer, beat eggs and sugar in a large bowl until thick and light, about 5-minutes.
- Mix in zucchini, the milk, oil and vanilla.
- Sift flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt over the mixture. Beat until just blended.
- Transfer the batter to the prepared pans and then to the oven.
- Bake the bread until golden on top and tender in the center (test with a toothpick), about 1 hr.
- Take the bread out of the pan and let cool.
- Serve 1 slice (1/4 inch) warm.