Meditation And Concentration
“If we know the divine art of concentration, if we know the divine art of meditation, if we know the divine art of contemplation, easily and consciously we can unite the inner world and the outer world.” –Sri Chinmoy
Try This 5-Minute “Hum Sa” Mediation Today!
- Find a comfortable place to sit with your legs crossed. Elevate onto a block or pillow if you are rounding your spine or sit against a wall. You can also kneel or sit in a chair if sitting with your legs crossed is too uncomfortable.
- Set a timer for 5 minutes. Close Your Eyes.
- Observe your breath.
- As you inhale, say the mantra “Hum” to yourself. As you exhale, say “Sa” to yourself.
- Repeat the mantra over and over. Let your thoughts dissolve. Concentrate fully and completely on the mantra. If thoughts emerge again and your mind wanders, come back to the mantra.
- When the alarm goes off, open your eyes and focus on a point on the floor in front of you.
- Repeat again tomorrow.