Navy Bean, Avocado, Carrot Antipasto
Serves 2-3, prep time 15 minutes or 1 hour
- navy beans (dry or canned in water”no fat, no salt)
- 1/3 avocado, cut into small pieces
- a few baby carrots
- 1.5 tsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 lemon
- Pre-heat the oven to 400 degrees
- Soak 1 cup of navy beans overnight or for several hours. Then, cook the beans in water until they are soft, about 40 minutes. Strain the beans and let them cool to room temperature (skip this step if you are using canned beans and just drain and rinse the beans).
- Cut the carrots into small cubes and lightly brush them with olive oil.
- Roast the carrots in an oven. Once slightly charred and tender, remove the carrots from the oven and let them cool to room temperature.
- Combine the navy beans, carrots, and avocado in a bowl.
- Squeeze the lemon juice and drizzle 1 tsp. olive oil over the antipasto.
- Salt and pepper to taste.