Navy Bean Soup
Serves 2, prep time 15 minutes or 1 hour
- 1 cup navy beans (pre-cooked in a pot of boiling water until soft or canned)
- 2.5 cups water (or vegetable broth)
- 1 carrot, diced
- a small handful broccoli florets, chopped
- ½ onion
- Soak the beans in water overnight or for a few hours and then rinse them or use canned beans).
- Bring the beans and water to a boil in a pot. Cook until the beans are soft, about 40 minutes. Strain the water.3. As the beans cook, sauté the onions until translucent.
- Transfer the beans back to the pot. Then add the 2.5 cups of water or vegetable broth to cover the beans, about 2 inches.
- Add the onions and carrots to the pot. Cook for 10 minutes.
- Add the florets into the pot. Let the soup cook for another 10 minutes. Flavor with salt and pepper