Yoga At Home: Individual Pose Videos
Pattabhi Jois is famous for saying Practice is 99% of yoga, theory only 1%. If you have not begun a yoga practice or are in need of perfecting your alignment and understanding of the poses, I encourage you to try the JWM individual video yoga pose modules, which teach each posture in detail from the most modified variation to the intermediate and advanced variations. All modules are accessible online, on any computer or mobile device as well as your Apple TV so that you can learn in your very own home from the absolute basics.
Classes can be great but also intimidating especially if you have yet to establish a foundation. I hope the comfort of being able to practice at home and at your own pace and at your level, will get you started on an amazing journey. Once you master the basic postures, you can begin the JWM online educational 30-Minute classes in which I methodically bring the poses together in sequences to provide you with an extremely safe and well-rounded practice.
The list of health benefits of yoga is vast and includes the following:
- Heart Health
- Weight Loss
- Alleviates Aches and Pain
- Helps Injury Recovery
- Helps Illness Recovery
- Jet Lag
- Relieves pain throughout the body including low back, shoulder, neck, knee…etc.
- Balances energetic highs and lows (extremes of mania and depression or less extreme)
- Relieves Stress
- Enhances Focus
- Enables sense of flow, being unstuck/without obstacles
- The sense of being whole, unfragmented, one
- Connection to something greater than self; the universal pool of energy
- Meditation leads to higher place of being