Poached Eggs With Pesto
Serves 1 Prep Time, 2 minutes
- 2 Eggs
- 1/4 Cup Pine Nuts
- 1/4 Cup Basil
- 1/4 Cup Parmesean Cheese (from block)
- 2 Tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Fill an egg poacher with 1/2 inch water.
- Bring the water to a boil with top on.
- Reduce heat.
- Crack the eggs into the poacher. Place lid back on.
- Cook eggs to your liking, 5 minutes for soft boiled, 10 minutes for hard boiled.
- Spoon the eggs out of the poacher and transfer to a serving bowl.
- Meanwhile, place the pine nuts, basil, parmesan, and olive oil in a small blender. Blend until well combined and smooth.
- Place 1 tsp. of pesto on each egg.
- Salt and pepper to taste.