- Fill the bottom portion of an egg poacher with about ½ inch of water.
- Place the egg cups into their cups.
- Bring the water to a boil with the poacher lid closed until steam forms and it boils.
- Once the water boils and steam rises, remove the lid. Crack the eggs into the poacher cups. Place the lid back on the poacher.
- Cook the eggs until they are solid, about 5 minutes for soft boiled and 10 minutes for hard boiled.
- Remove the eggs from the poacher with a spoon or spatula and place them in a bowl or on a plate.
- Drizzle the eggs with olive oil.
- Salt and pepper to taste.