Rigatoni With Broccoli Florets, Olive Oil, and Parmesan Cheese
- Bring water to a boil in a pasta pot with 1 tsp. sea salt.
- Reduce the heat to a low/medium.
- Add the rigatoni to the water and cook until al dente, about 13 minutes.
- Cut the broccoli florets off their stems.
- Heat 1 tsp. olive oil in a sauté pan.
- Add the broccoli, sundries tomatoes, and 1 of the chopped garlic cloves to the pan. Sautée stirring occasionally, until broccoli becomes a bright green and slightly charred.
- Strain the water from pasta.
- Coat the bottom of the pasta pot with olive oil (about 1.5 tbsp).
- Add the rigatoni back to the pot. Add and fold in the broccoli sauté, the other chopped garlic clove and the Parmesan.
- Salt to taste.
Serves 1, prep time 15 minutes
- 2 handfuls rigatoni
- extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsps. grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 handful broccoli
- a few sundries tomatoes, cut small
- 2 garlic cloves, minced