Roasted Beets with Micro Greens, Walnuts, and Brie Cheese
Prep Time 1 Hour, Serves 1
- 2 small beets
- 1-2 ounces sliced brie cheese (into a rectangle)
- Micro greens (or arugula)
- Aged balsamic vinegar
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Wash and peel beets.
- Place the beets in tin foil.
- Drizzle with olive oil coating evenly.
- Close the foil making a pouch around the beets.
- Place beets into a pyrex baking dish or onto a sheet pan and then into oven.
- Cook for 45-minutes, until tender.
- Remove from oven.
- Let cool for a few minutes until still warm but not hot.
- Meanwhile wash and plate your greens.
- Slice beets into quarters and place on top of greens.
- Top beets with the brie allowing it to melt from the warmth of the beets.
- Sprinkle walnuts around plate.
- Dress with a drizzle of aged balsamic vinegar and olive oil.
- Salt and pepper to taste.