Roasted Butternut Squash Soup
- Pre-heat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut the squash into cubes, place it in a Pyrex baking dish and brush the cubes with1tbsp, of the olive oil.
- Fill a pan or pyrex dish with an inch of water.
- Transfer the squash to the oven.
- Place the pan on the rack below the squash.
- Roast the butternut until soft, about 40 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the other tbsp. olive oil in a saute pan over medium heat.
- Add the onions to your saute pan and saute until translucent and slightly golden.
- Remove the squash from the oven and transfer to a pot. Add the onions, the sea salt, and your pad of butter.
- Add water to cover the squash, about 1/2 inch to 1 inch, and bring to a boil.
- Puree until smooth (add extra water if needed for a thinner consistency).
- Salt to taste.
- Serve with a dollop of non-fat Greek yogurt (optional).
Serves 4, Prep Time 40 minutes
- 1 butternut squash, diced into cubes
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 1/4 salt