Roasted Butternut Squash Soup
Serves 4, Prep Time 40 minutes
- 1 butternut squash, diced into cubes
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 1/4 salt
- Greek yogurt (optional)
- Toasted pumpkin seeds (optional)
- Pre-heat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut the squash into cubes, place it in a Pyrex baking dish and brush the cubes with 1 tbsp. of the olive oil.
- Fill a second pan or pyrex dish with an inch of water.
- Transfer the dish with the squash to the oven.
- Place the second pan with water on the rack below the squash.
- Roast the squash until soft, about 40 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the other tbsp. olive oil in a saute pan over medium heat.
- Add the onions to your saute pan and sauté until translucent and slightly golden.
- Remove the squash from the oven and transfer to a pot. Add the onions, the sea salt, and your pad of butter.
- Add water to cover the squash, about 1/2 inch to 1 inch, and bring to a simmer. Let cook for a few minutes (the longer you cook the greater the flavor profile).
- Transfer all contents of pot into a blender and puree until smooth and creamy (add extra water if needed for a thinner consistency).
- Salt to taste.
- Serve with a dollop of non-fat Greek yogurt and toasted pumpkin seeds (optional).