Roasted Cauliflower Soup
Serves 1, prep time 30 minutes
- 1 handful cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1-1.5 cups vegetable broth
- 1 garlic clove
- sea salt
- extra virgin olive oil
- Pre-heat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Brush the cauliflower florets with olive oil and place them in a Pyrex dish.
- Roast the cauliflower for 20 minutes, until golden (make sure to check half way through and turn the florets so that all sides cook).
- Meanwhile, boil about a cup of water.
- Remove the cauliflower from the oven and transfer it to a pot.
- Add the vegetable broth to the pot to cover the cauliflower by about 1/2 inch and bring to a simmer for 5-minutes.
- Transfer everything from pot into a blender (Vitamix preferred).
- Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Gradually add more broth if needed to get a thinner soup (stop when you get the consistency you like).
- Crush the garlic into the blender.
- Blend again.
- Pour the soup into a pot and heat it over a low flame.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with a drizzle of olive oil.