Steel Cut Oatmeal With Cardamom, Cinnamon, Walnuts And Maple Syrup
Serves 1, Prep time 15-18 minutes
- 1/3 cup steel cut oats
- 1 cup water
- 1-2 dashes cardamom
- 1 dash cinnamon
- 2 tsp. pure maple syrup
- 4 walnuts, broken into small pieces
- optional: 2 chopped dried apricots
- Soak the oats for at least 5-10 minutes in advance (you can start this before you workout).
- Drain the oats.
- Combine the oats and water in a small pot and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to low and cook until the oats are tender, about 15-18 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add the cinnamon and cardamom to the pot and stir well.
- Transfer the oats to a serving bowl. Let cool for 3-5 minutes.
- Top the oatmeal with the maple syrup and walnuts.