Healthy Breakfast Recipe | Steel Cut Oatmeal With Cardamom, Cinnamon, Walnuts And Maple Syrup
This awesome JWM healthy recipe for breakfast is one of my go-to morning meals. The oats are packed with fiber and help lower cholesterol. The cardamom is full of antioxidants (destroy free radicals), potassium (main component of blood, body fluids and cells), iron (enhances production of red blood cells) and manganese (helps destroy harmful free radicals). Cardamom also contains volatile oil, which soothes digestive issues. Walnuts are one of the best sources of omega-3s! Start your day right with a nutritious breakfast.
For hundreds of JWM recipes and 5 meal plans (weight-maintenance, weight-loss, gluten-free, work, travel) subscribe to the JWM here. You also get hundreds of exercises and yoga moves on video as well as full classes and practices, all for just $10/month!
Steel Cut Oatmeal With Cardamom, Cinnamon, Walnuts And Maple Syrup
1/3 cup steel cut oats
1 cup water
1-2 dashes cardamom
1 dash cinnamon
2 tsp. pure maple syrup
4 walnuts, broken into small pieces
optional: 2 chopped dried apricots
1. Soak the oats for at least 5-10 minutes in advance (you can start this before you workout).
2. Drain the oats.
3. Combine the oats and water in a small pot and bring to a boil.
5. Reduce the heat to low and cook until the oats are tender, about 15-18 minutes, stirring constantly.
5. Add the cinnamon and cardamom to the pot and stir well.
6. Transfer the oats to a serving bowl. Let cool for 3-5 minutes.
7. Top the oatmeal with the maple syrup and walnuts.
Tags: healthy breakfast recipe, oatmeal, wellness, nutrition, fitness, cholesterol, diabetes