Sweet And Spicy Peanut Butter Infused Quinoa With Vegetables On The Side
This hearty bowl of flavorful peanut butter, low-fat coconut milk, garlic, lime and cayenne infused quinoa makes what can otherwise be a bland grain, a delectable delight. The peanut butter and coconut milk form a slightly sweet and rich yet silky smooth base for the infusion, which is enlivened by the bite of the garlic, lime and cayenne. You couldn’t ask for a more balanced blend of sweetness and spice!
Quinoa is a super grain known for its complete chain of amino acids, which makes it an amazing source of protein. It is one of the most nutritious foods we can eat, full of fiber, iron, lysine, magnesium, vitamin B2 and manganese.
Serves many, prep time 5 minutes
▪ 2 garlic cloves, chopped
▪ 3/4 cup low-fat coconut milk (or coconut almond milk)
▪ 1/2 cup peanut butter
▪ 1.5 tsp. curry powder
▪ 1.5 tbsp. brown sugar
▪ 1 tbsp. lime juice
▪ 1 tbsp. sesame oil
▪ 1.5 tbsp. tamari
▪ Cayenne pepper dash
- Add the coconut milk and peanut butter to a small saucepan over low heat whisking them together until thoroughly blended.
- Add all the other ingredients to the saucepan and continue to whisk until smooth.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat.
Serves 1, prep time 15 minutes
½ cup quinoa
1. Using a strainer, rinse the quinoa with water.
2. Place the quinoa in a rice steamer (or pot).
3. Add the water.
4. Cook until the quinoa sprouts, about 12-minutes.
3. Add a pinch or two of salt to taste.
Bringing It Together
- Add 1-2 tbsp. peanut sauce to the quinoa. Stir until thoroughly combined.
- Serve the infused quinoa with any steamed or sauteed vegetable of your choice on the side. Simple pan-fried tofu is also an amazing add-on to this wonderful dish.