Tempeh With Snow Peas, Ginger, Garlic, Soy Sauce
Serves 1, prep time 10 minutes
- Half a loaf of tempeh, cut into cubes
- 1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup water
- 1 tbsp. low sodium soy sauce
- 1 handful of snow peas, cut into small squares
- 1/4 tsp. ginger, grated
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- In a sauté pan, heat the olive oil over medium heat.
- Add the tempeh and cook until all sides are golden (flip them as they crisp), about 7-minutes.
- Then, add the water and the soy sauce.
- Add the snow peas, garlic and ginger. Cover the pan with a lid and simmer the tempeh and snow peas for 5 minutes so that they can absorb the flavors of the sauce. Add more water if needed for the tempeh to remain moist.
- Remove the lid and taste. Add more soy sauce or ginger to your liking.