- Pre-heat the oven to 300 degrees.
- Heat 1 tbsp. olive oil in a large sauté pan over high heat.
- When the pan sizzles with a drop of water, add the tempeh. Sautee the tempeh until it is golden on all sides (turn and toss it as you go).
- In a separate pan, heat 1 tbsp. olive oil over high heat. When the pan sizzles with a drop of water, add the asparagus and mushrooms.
- Reduce the heat to medium and sautee the asparagus and mushrooms until they are tender.
- Combine the asparagus and mushrooms with the tempeh in the large pan. Reduce the heat to low.
- Add the tomato sauce. Fold the sauce over the tempeh and vegetables to thoroughly coat them. Once the tomato sauce is hot, turn the stove off .
- Place 2tbsps. of the cheese on each tortilla. Transfer the tortillas to the oven and bake them until the cheese melts. When the cheese is melted, remove the tortillas from the oven.
- Top the tortillas with a large spoon of the tempeh filling. Then, add a small spoon of black beans, a small spoon of JWM guacamole, and a dollop of Greek yogurt.
- Salt to taste.
Prep Time 20 minutes, Serves 1
- Tempeh, diced into small cubes
- 1 cup asparagus, diced
- 1 cup white and shitake mushrooms
- 4 tbsps. white organic cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup black beans (pre-soaked for a few hours then boiled in water and cooked until tender, about 40 minutes, or canned, no salt, stored in water)
- ¼ cup organic marinara sauce with all natural ingredients (olive oil, garlic, onions, basil)
- JWM guacamole (view recipe index)
- 1 tbsp. non-fat Greek Yogurt
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 small corn tortillas