Thai Tofu And Veggie Stir Fry
Serves 2, prep time 20 minutes
- ½ block frozen extra firm tofu
- 2 large handfuls spinach, washed
- 6 asparagus
- 1 carrot
- 1 small sweet yellow onion
- 1 small box shitake mushrooms
- 1 handful baby Asian corn
- 2 tbsp. low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tbsp. Tamari
- 1 tsp. fresh ground ginger, finely grated
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 2 tbsps. hoisin sauce
- ½ cup vegetable broth
- 2tbsp. sesame oil
- 1 tbsp. cashews
- Wash all of the vegetables.
- Cut the asparagus and carrots into rounds.
- Slice the mushrooms and onions lengthwise.
- Cut the baby corn into thirds.
- Remove the tofu from the freezer; microwave it until it’s defrosted, about 3 minutes. Slice the tofu into cubes.
- Heat 1 tbsp. sesame oil in a non-stick sauté pan.
- Add the tofu. Cook the tofu on all sides until golden on the outside and spongy on the inside.
- Add the soy sauce, ginger, garlic, rest of the sesame oil, vegetable broth, hoisin sauce, cashews and vegetables to the tofu.
- Fold in and let the ingredients simmer in the sauce for 5 minutes.