Vegetable Chickpea Soup
Serves many, prep time 40 minutes
- 1 cup chickpeas, cannellini bean or any other legume (dried and boiled until tender, about 45 minutes, or canned and stored in water)
- 1 large bunch kale, stemmed and cut into pieces
- 1 small handful, grape tomatoes
- 3 carrots, cut into 1/8 inch rounds
- 1 yellow onion
- any other vegetable you’d like to throw in
- vegtable broth
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- Sea salt
- Place all of the legumes and vegetables in a soup pot.
- Add enough water and vegetable broth to cover the vegetables, about 1.5 inches.
- Bring the water to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and let the soup cook to absorb the vegetable and legume flavors, about 30 minutes. Add more water and/or broth if too much gets absorbed; you always want enough liquid for a nice clear broth.
- Add the Parmesan cheese. Stir until thoroughly mixed in. Let the soup cook for another 5 minutes so that the Parmesan can melt and add more flavor.
- Add sea salt to taste.